During the summer of 2018 the Town Hall - with funding from Arts Council England - will be offering a host of free taster sessions and trial workshops.
Covering a huge range of musical styles and open to all ages and abilities, they’ll give a flavour of the sort regular participatory activities that will be available later in the year.
- - Free taster sessions for a Children’s Choir and Drumming group on Tuesday, June 26 for young people aged six to 12
- - A free workshop with Back Chat Brass on Sunday, July 1 as part of Cake Fest Middlesbrough. If you’ve ever fancied playing the trombone or trumpet, or even being a member of a street band, this is your chance!
- - The Schools Big Sing on Wednesday, July 4 will see several Middlesbrough Primary Schools coming together for a spectacular performance as part of the national project, ‘BBC Ten Pieces’
- - Come and Sing! on Thursday, July 12 is a community choir taster session for those who already enjoy singing in a group or for those who would like to give it a try
- - Come and Play! on Sunday, July 15 is a family orchestra taster day suitable for all levels of ability
- - The Summer Uke Jam on Sunday, August 12 is a session full of great songs to jam along to with your ukulele
- - Gig School, from Monday, August 13 to Thursday, August 16 is for
young people aged 10 to 17 years who can learn how to play in a band and perform a ‘gig’ at the end of the four days. Even if you don’t play an instrument and haven’t played in a band before, come along and give it a try!
- - Under 5s music ‘taster’ session on August 14 and 16 is a music session for under fives. Bring your little ones for an hour of singing, instruments, play and fun through music.
- - MTH Performing Arts are also hosting a range of summer schools and workshops for every star in your life no matter what their age or ability.
Rebecca Johnson, Accompany Programme Manager at Middlesbrough Town Hall, said: “If you have ever wanted to learn an instrument, play in an orchestra, join a choir or play in a band then there’s something for you at the Town Hall this summer.”
- For more information or to book places go to www.middlesbroughtownhall.co.uk or phone the Box Office on 01642 729 729.