One Planet Pioneers is a collaboration between Middlesbrough Environment City (MEC), Actes Trust and Tees Valley Wildlife Trust, which aims to develop the skills of young people through environmental projects.
The project is inviting young people from Middlesbrough aged 11-years and above to get involved in a range of taster activities taking place throughout August.
The varied programme comprises of the following free activities which are available to book onto on a first come, first served basis:
- Tees Barrage Festival, Make & Take craft with River Tees Rediscovered – Monday 06 August, 11am - 3pm at The Tees Barrage, River Tees, Stockton-on-Tees.
- Recycled Art Workshop with The Start Studio – Friday 17 August, 10am – 2pm at The Start Studio, 2 Park Road South, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough, TS5 6HB.
- Bushcraft and Bug Boxes – Tuesday 21 August,10am – 2pm at Middlesbrough Environment City (MEC), Sandy Flatts Lane, Middlesbrough, TS5 7YN.
- Nature Detectives – Thursday 23 August, 10am – 2pm at Acklam Community Hub and Library, Acklam Road, Middlesbrough, TS5 7AB.
- Bush Craft and Den Building – Tuesday 28 August, 10am – 2pm at Stewart Park, The Grove, Marton-in-Cleveland, Middlesbrough TS7 8AR.
- Five a-side Knock Out Football – Friday 31 August, 11am – 3pm, Acklam Green Centre, Stainsby Road, Middlesbrough, TS5 4JS.
One Planet Pioneers’ officer, Nicky Morgan, said: “Our summer activity programme is designed to whet the appetite of local young people about the work of One Planet Pioneers, and to encourage them to engage in environmental activities within their local communities.
“We’ve teamed up with a range of organisations including River Tees Rediscovered and The Start Studio to offer a mix of practical, educational and physical activities which offers something for everyone.
"We hope that some of the young people who participate in the activities continue to engage with One Planet Pioneers, where they will have the opportunity to broaden their skills, experiences and future opportunities.
“Our summer activities always prove really popular, so I would urge anyone who is interested in taking part to confirm their place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.”