Middlesbrough residents are being reminded about changes to bin collection days during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee week.
The jam packed Queen’s Platinum Jubilee long weekend celebrations just keep getting bigger and better here in Middlesbrough.
From Wednesday, June 1 – Sunday, June 5, the town centre and surrounding areas will be alive with the sounds of street parties, celebrations and one-off events.
The Jubilee Cabaret at Middlesbrough Theatre on Wednesday, June 1celebrates the music that has accompanied the longest reign of any British monarch – and the audience is invited to ‘pay what it’s worth’ at the end of the evening.
Musinc are running an exciting project for anyone who loves to sing or plays an orchestral instrument as a part of the 2022 Jubilee celebrations.
A workshop is being held on Saturday, May 28 from 9.30am to 4.30pm at Middlesbrough Town Hall. It is free to join and lunch is provided and all abilities are welcome to join.
Participants will to join a professional choir and orchestra for the day to learn and play ‘Zadok the Priest’ and other music from coronations.
Performances of the finished product from the workshop are as follows:
- Thursday, June 2, 11am and 2pm in Middlesbrough Town Centre
- Saturday, June 4, 3pm in Albert Park, Middlesbrough.
Other events include:
Thursday, June 2
- 11am - 6pm Orange Pip Market Bank Holiday Special, Centre Square
- 8pm - 10pm Jubilee Night at the Museum, Dorman Museum
- 30pm Official Jubilee Beacon lighting, Cenotaph
Friday, June 3
- 11 - 6pm Orange Pip Market Bank Holiday Special, Centre Square
- 1pm - 2pm Jubilee Parade, Middlesbrough town centre
Saturday, June 4
- Noon - 4pm Jubilee music celebration, Albert Park
For more information on all the events visit: Queen's Platinum Jubilee events - We are Middlesbrough
For more information regarding the Jubilee Cabaret: Jubilee Cabaret | Middlesbrough Theatre
The Middlesbrough Mela is set to return this August, and this weekend there’s a taste of what’s to come.
Middlesbrough’s Historic Quarter could be opened up with the demolition of a disused nightclub.