On Air

Mike Clarke


JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 929
Rate this item
(0 votes)
in News

North Riding Football League Weekend Round-up 13&14th January 2018

By Published January 15, 2018

HERE are the weekend's results from the North Riding Football League

Friday 12th January 


Boro Rangers  4 V  4 Hartlepool FC


Saturday 13th January 


2.30pm kick-off

Humber Premier League  1 V  5 North Riding Football League



2.00pm kick-off

Stokesley SC Armstrong Richardson  2 V  6 Bedale



1.00pm kick-off

Stockton West End  7 V  1 Newton Aycliffe Railway



2.00pm kick-off

Fishburn Park  1 V  0 Redcar Newmarket
Grangetown Boys Club  2 V  2 Guisborough United
Redcar Town  P V  P BEADS
Staithes Athletic  0 V  3 St Marys 1947
Yarm & Eaglescliffe  2 V  1 Thornaby Dubliners



2.00pm kick-off

Loftus Athletic  2 V  4 Great Ayton United Royals
Middlesbrough & Teesside SA  2 V  4 Lingdale Village
New Marske Lakes United  2 V  1 Redcar Athletic Reserves
Whitby Fishermens Soc  4 V  1 Stokesley SC Reserves


Sunday 14th January


2.00pm kick-off

Redcar Newmarket  1 V  3 Billingham Synthonia
Richmond Town  3 V  1 Hartlepool Pools Youth



2.00pm kick-off

Coulby Newham  2p V  2 Boro Rangers
Kader  P V  P Northallerton Town
Middleton Rangers  3 V  6 Hartlepool FC
Thornaby  0 V  1 Guisborough Town


In the FA Inter League Cup, on Saturday, the North Riding Football League representative side presented a first-half masterclass to their Humber Premier hosts. Leading 5-0 at the break, Boro Rangers trio Matt McQueeney, Stu Rose and Jack Guy were all on target, with BEADS' Karl Liley, striking from the penalty spot and Nunthorpe's Liam Southall made it five before half-time. The home side grabbed a late consolation, but the NRFL will be looking forward to their next outing, against the Isle of Man.
Friday saw Rangers draw 4-4 in a friendly with Wearside League Hartlepool FC, before second placed Fishburn Park reduced their lead at the top of the NRFL Premier to eight points. The Whitby side defeated Redcar Newmarket 1-0 in a hard-fought encounter. Youngster Callum Halley popped up with the winning goal.
St Marys 1947 returned to winning ways at Staithes Athletic with a 3-0 success on their travels. Ryan Todd, Chris Peacock and Tom Gittens found the net. There were also celebrations on the other side of Yarm as Yarm and Eaglescliffe defeated Thornaby Dubliners 2-1. Harrison Davies netted on half an hour for Dubliners, but David Aninakwah and Anthony Chisman replied for Yarm, after two assists from Craig Norman, to take the points.
Grangetown Boys Club and Guisborough United shared the spoils in a high-scoring clash. Matthew Ramage and Lewis Reeve notched for United, but Boys Club ensured a 2-2 finish, with Ben Weir and Stu Roberts hitting back. Redcar Town and BEADS' scheduled match fell foul of the weather.
Stockton West End booked a final in the Durham FA Minor Cup after a crushing 7-1 thumping of Newton Aycliffe RA. Ben Turner and Jake Large smashed a brace each, with Josh Haley, Sean O'Brien and Gareth Poole putting West End in seventh heaven.
Bedale also enjoyed knockout success as they advanced to the quarter finals of the North Riding Challenge Cup at the expense of fellow NRFL First Division outfit Stokesley Armstrong Richardson. Wayne Thompson got things started inside 30 seconds and Dan Baxter doubled Bedale's advantage on eleven minutes. Joe Martin and Ross Hodgson struck before the interval to send the visitors in 4-0 up at half-time. Stokesley hopes were raised with two goals in fifteen minutes early in the second half, through Alex Grainge and Joe Howe, but Hodgson's second and David Cooke's strike, four minutes later, saw Dale through 6-2.
Fourth-placed New Marske Lakes United defeated First Division leaders Redcar Athletic Reserves to enhance their own promotion hopes. However, they did it the hard way after Robbie Farrier's first-half red card. Just five minutes later, they opened the scoring when Kieran Stares hit a long ball which Ben Marshall got on the end of to slot away at the second attempt, after a strong initial save. Redcar levelled just after the half-hour, through McCorie Carmichael to take the sides in level at the break. The second half was only three minutes old when Stares won it with a first-time wonder strike from his own half. Lakes are six points off the top with two games in hand.
Great Ayton United Royals are even closer, in third. They also hold two matches in hand on Redcar and are just three points adrift, after a 4-2 win at Loftus. Mark Harris and Shaun Muir netted for Athletic, but strikes from Caleb White, Ashley Woodier, Ben Beilby and Mark Shimwell sent the visitors home happy. 
Whitby Fishermens Society also hit four, at home to Stokesley Sports Club Reserves. The Lythe-based hosts were 2-1 up at the break, thanks to Sam Dowey's brace, with Connor Kavanagh striking for Sports Club, six minutes before half-time. Second half goals from Ian Smith and Dan Brown saw the Fishermen win out comfortably.  
Lingdale Village leapfrogged Sports Club Reserves with a 4-2 victory at bottom club Middlesbrough and Teesside Sports Academy. Bri Combellack, Charlie Ferguson, Ste Combellack and Chris Bulmer found the net for Village, while James Lock's goal and Bryan Caddick's penalty made the scoresheet for MTSA.
Sunday's action, in the NRFL Under 19 division, saw fifth-placed Richmond Town enjoy a 3-1 victory over Hartlepool Pools Youth. Matty Redfearn, Tom Gilroy and Cameron Spence provided Richmond's firepower, with Jack Woodward's reply proving a consolation only.
Billingham Synthonia came out on top in a six-goal shoot-out at Redcar Newmarket. Josh Daniels, Connor Mulloy, Callum Daniels and Anthony Carter scored for Synners in a 4-2 win. Newmarket notched through Leon Bellerby and Chris Payne.
The RT Raine Trophy's stand-out encounter saw Coulby Newham defeat title-chasers Boro Rangers after a one-sided penalty shoot out. In normal time, the sides couldn't be separated as they battled to a 2-2 stalemate. Joseph Jones put Rangers ahead from the penalty spot, only for Alex Clark to level within five minutes. Jordan Walker made a string of saves to deny Coulby the lead, before James Mahoney struck for Boro against the run of play. Joe Searby's sweet left-footed effort levelled again for Newham, though, who went on to win 4-1 on spot kicks.
Hartlepool and Middleton Rangers shared nine goals. Alex Kitten and Jon Stevens each hit hat-tricks for Pools while Rangers replied through Owen Hind, Kai Carty and Will Orukotan.
Guisborough also progressed, away at Thornaby, but it was by the skin of their teeth. The NRFL Under 19 league leaders mustered a sole Elliot Anderson goal to go through. Kader and Northallerton's clash was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Thanks to Andrew Snaith, NRFL Media Officer.

Read 1529 times Last modified on Monday, 15 January 2018 09:10
Login to post comments


  • Community Voice FM (CVFM) Ltd is not for profit media organisation based in Middlesbrough: we operate a grassroots-led radio station. 104.5 CVFM Radio started broadcasting in August 2009 serving the diverse population of Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas.

Find Us

Contact us

Community Information & Media House 169 Victoria Road
Middlesbrough, TS1 3
01642 688104


  • Combining social media and local radio is also a chance to strengthen community participation, especially of marginalised groups. – DW Akademie